Please consider joining the Philoptohos Society of our parish and become part of this philanthropic ministry.
This organization has been historically the backbone of philanthropic activity throughout our Zoodohos Peghe parish and the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese in America. Besides providing its members with the host of enjoyable social activities each year, Philoptohos gives away thousands of dollars to worthy charities and individuals, locally, nationally and internationally. The organization also has a vigorous outreach program, through which local shut-ins are visited, given gifts during the holidays, and generally are remembered by the Church.
Our Community Outreach
- Offering moral support and services, and/or providing financial assistance to many individuals and families, including patients form Greece
- Greek American Institute student Aid Fund for needy students
- Financially Supporting our GAI Day School on a monthly basis
- Delivering holiday plants to our homebound parishioners during the holidays
- Sending Sympathy, Get Well, and Thinking of You cards to our Philoptohos Members and Parishioners
- Sponsoring the annual St. Basil’s Vasilopita for the orphans of St. Basil Academy
- Preparing Easter Eggs for distribution during midnight Easter Services
- Supporting our annual Greek festival
- Supporting the Zoodohos Peghe Church building fund
- Supporting the Church grounds maintenance fund
Where we donate on a regular basis
- Academyof Saint Basil
- Cancer Fund
- Children’s Cardiac Fund
- Children’s Medical Fund
- Ecumenical Patriarchate
- General Medical Fund
- HellenicCollege Holy Cross Schoolof Theology
- IOCC – International Orthodox Christian Charities
- National Sisterhood of Presbyteras Fund
- OCMC – Orthodox Christian Mission Center and Support a Mission Priest
- Retired Clergy Association’s Fund
- Saint Photios Shrine
- Social Services
- UNICEF – United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund
Fellowship Hour Assistance
One thing that WE need is help with the Coffee Hour after the Liturgies. Obviously we need backup Please us know if you are willing to give of your time and effort to help. This is truly one of the special ministries for our Philoptohos. It is work–but it gives a tremendous satisfaction.
All women of our Church are highly encouraged to consider membership in this vital philanthropic organization. Please keep in mind that :we do not “charge” dues but rather ask for a Stewardship commitment from members. As we move forward with the vision to bring Philoptohos to the next level of philanthropy, we are directing our efforts to include our younger generation of women in Philoptohos. Our message is very clear that there is absolutely no pressure:
Come whenever you can, meet other women, have fun, and help whenever you can.